Sunday 10 May 2009

Starting a button jar

My best friend and mentor Tonie always had button jars in her sideboard cupboard. I can remember playing with them when I was young, enjoying sorting them out, like with like. I have just realised that it is something that I really need and lets face it we should have in these days of it being PC and necessary to recycle. I am not really sure what I have been doing with odd buttons up until now...I think they are mostly scattered in clothes drawers and bits and bobs boxes. I have been known to buy second hand items just for the buttons in the past but because I have never had a dedicated place for them they are not in regular view and thus have never been put to use.



I'm starting one today...of course I will have to complicate matters and decorate it in some way LOL. :o)



Doxie (who is now thinking she should start practising button holes on the machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment