Wednesday 13 July 2011

Pizza base...

The base was pretty thick!

I tried a new pizza base recipe...I had a go at the recipe from here.

Basically I took all the ingredients and chucked them in a food processor with a dough hook AFTER dissolving the yeast in the liquid, now I think about it, maybe I should have dissolved the sugar in the liquid too, didn't actually read the method, ooops lol.

After mixing/kneading the dough I just left it in the processor with the lid on for about an hour or so and then rolled it out to my needs and hey presto!

I rolled it out to about an inch thick and it cooked up a fair bit thicker. I'm guessing there was enough dough to make 6 individual snack portions. I just made the one pizza and it easily fed my two hungry men and a fairly hungry me! They both commented that it actually felt like they had had a meal, rather than when we have take-away pizza and it seems like a tasty but expensive snack!

My toppings were...
  • spicy pickle/chutney on the base
  • lots of cheese
  • tomatoes
  • chilli peppers
  • yellow bell peppers
  • herbs including rosemary and fresh chives.
Note, no meat...that wasn't intentional, I was going to try bacon but got a bit too busy with other things. Nobody seemed to miss it, so that was a saving in the grocery bill department!

The overall verdict was that they would both rather I made pizza than we order it!!!! I guess you can say it was a winner. From my point of view it was no effort and a heck of a lot cheaper than take-away or supermarket bought...oh and no packaging to get rid of!

I'm thinking of getting the breadmaker out again or buying a new one ( the paddle is stuck in mine and NOBODY can seem to shift it! ) we eat a lot of bread, so I am thinking we can make savings here...which of course I will squirrel away and spend on lovely craft stuff instead lol...

Dox




No comments:

Post a Comment